1. You must not enter if you or anyone in your household has COVID-19 symptoms.
2. If you develop COVID-19 symptoms within 10 days of visiting these premises alert NHS Test and Trace. Alert the Morley Village & Sports Hall Bookings Admin on 01953 433699 and alert the organiser of the activity you attended. You MUST get a COVID-19 test.
3. Maintain social distancing as far as possible from anyone you do not have regular contact with: Wait behind the marked lines as you go through the entrance hall to your activity and observe the one-way system marked on the foyer floor.
4. NHS QR Code Poster Check In: ask everyone who attends to scan the NHS QR Code Poster in the venue foyer to register their attendance and by keeping a record of any who do not register using their smartphone app and the venue’s NHS QR poster or your own NHS QR poster.
5. Use the Hand Sanitiser provided on entering, regularly and on leaving the premises. Clean your hands often. Soap and paper towels are provided in the toilets.
6. Face Coverings Further to the steer given by the PM on 12 July and reflecting current government guidance and the rapidly rising cases across the UK, we have decided to take a cautious and measured approach to the lifting of restrictions. While using our venue we strongly encourage you to wear a face covering.
7. Face Coverings SHOULD be worn in confined areas e.g toilets and corridors unless an exemption applies to a person (eg for health reasons, those aged under 11) to protect vunerable people and you are encouraged to wear them at a busy or crowded event if the organiser asks you to do so, so as to protect more vulnerable people.
8. Keep the Venue Well Ventilated Throughout Your Hire, (except internal fire doors), with Sports Hall upper windows and doors, Hasting Room windows and doors – all open as far as convenient to encourage air flow at least 15 minutes prior to room occupation and for the course of your activity. Close doors and windows on leaving.
9. Cleaning of Regularly Touched Surfaces; door handles, tables, other equipment, sinks and surfaces before use, keep them clean and clean after use and sign your Cleaning Record Sheet, located on the foyer noticeboard on the wall adjacent to the Table & Chair Store. Regular hirers have their own sheet and one off hires have a shared ‘One Off Hirers’ sheet. We cannot clean all surfaces at the venue between each hire.
10. Avoid touching Your Face, Nose, or Eyes. Clean your hands if you do.
11. “Catch it, Bin it, Kill it”. Tissues should be disposed of into one of the rubbish bins provided. Then wash your hands.
12. Take Turns to Use Confined Spaces i.e. corridors, kitchen and toilet areas. Standing or sitting next to someone is lower risk than opposite them. Briefly passing another person in a confined space is low risk.
13. Wash Your Clothes when you get home to reduce risk of transmission.
14. Hold Activities Outdoors when and where possible
Note: These conditions are supplemental to, not a replacement for, Morley Village & Sports Hall’s ordinary conditions of hire below.
You, the hirer, will be responsible for ensuring those attending your activity or event comply with the COVID-19 Secure Guidelines while entering and occupying the venue, as detailed in the HELP KEEP THIS VENUE COVID-19 SECURE POSTER above which is also displayed in the venue foyer, in particular checking in by scanning the NHS QR Code Poster, Face Coverings SHOULD be worn in confined areas e.g toilets and corridors unless an exemption applies to a person (eg for health reasons, those aged under 11) to protect vunerable people and you are encouraged to wear them while using our venue and at a busy or crowded event if the organiser asks you to do so, so as to protect more vulnerable people, using the hand sanitiser supplied in the foyer when entering and leaving the venue and after using tissues, hirers/employees/visitors should avoid touching their face, particularly their eyes, mouth and nose unless they have just washed their hands, hand washing must take place:
• Before people leave home, or their location for the journey to Morley Village & Sports Hall
• When you arrive at Morley Village & Sports Hall
• After using the toilet
• Before eating, drinking, and touching your face, especially the eyes, nose, and mouth
• On leaving Morley Village & Sports Hall
• Disposable hand towels are in each WC
Remember by regular thorough hand washing persons are trying to reduce the risk of viral transmission. The use hand sanitiser is only to be used if water and soap are not immediately available.
Hand washing needs to be thorough – a rigorous rub for at least 20 seconds with soap under running water. It is the soap that kills the virus. Posters are displayed to give a reminder of this. Also please ensure your group do not enter the building before the previous group has vacated the premises.
You, the hirer, undertake to comply with the actions identified in the Morley Village & Sports Hall’s risk assessment, of which you have been provided with a copy.
You, the hirer, will be responsible for cleaning door handles, light switches, window catches, equipment, toilet handles and seats, wash basins, kitchen sinks (if used), tables, plastic outdoor chairs and all surfaces likely to be used during your period of hire, including sanitisation of your group’s personal equipment before other members of your group or organisation arrive using the products supplied on the cleaning tables and to keep the premises clean through regular cleaning of surfaces during your hire, paying particular attention to wash hand basins and kitchen sinks (if used), using either the products supplied. You are required to clean again on leaving and to sign the Cleaning Record Sheet located on the foyer noticeboard on the wall adjacent to the Table & Chair Store, to date and sign after every hire. Regular hirers have their own sheet and one off hires have a shared ‘One Off Hirers’ sheet.
Please take care cleaning electrical equipment. Use cloths – do not spray!
You, the hirer, will make sure that everyone likely to attend your activity or event understands that they MUST NOT DO SO if they or anyone in their household has had COVID-19 symptoms in the last 48 hours, and that if they develop symptoms within 10 days of visiting the premises they MUST use the NHS Test and Trace system to alert others with whom they have been in contact and report this to the Morley Village & Sports Hall Bookings Admin immediately on 01953 433699 They MUST seek a COVID-19 Test.
You, the hirer, will keep the premises well ventilated throughout your hire, (except internal fire doors), with Sports Hall upper windows and doors, Hasting Room windows and doors all open as far as convenient to encourage air flow at least 15 minutes prior to room occupation and for the course of your activity. You will be responsible for ensuring they are all securely closed on leaving.
You, the hirer will ensure that in the Sports Hall no more than 125 people attend your activity/event, in the Hastings Room Room no more than 25 people attend your activity/event and no more than 300 people outdoors* in order that social distancing can be maintained. You will encourage social distancing between individuals or groups is maintained by everyone attending as far as possible, including while waiting to enter the premises, that they observe the one-way system within the premises, and as far as possible observe social distancing of 1m plus mitigation measures when using more confined areas (e.g. moving and stowing equipment, accessing toilets and kitchen), which should be kept as brief as possible. You will make sure that no more than one person uses the venue toilets or the outside changing room toilet at one time. *We will also consider increasing capacity for events on a case by case basis by application.
No spectators. Persons waiting to collect venue users should adhere to social distancing at the front of the building or remain in their vehicle.
You, the hirer, will take particular care to ensure that social distancing is maintained for any persons aged 70 or over or likely to be clinically more vulnerable to COVID-19, including for example keeping a 2m distance around them when going in and out of rooms and ensuring they can access the toilet or other confined areas without others being present. For some people, passing another person in a confined space is less risky, but for older people this should be avoided.
You will position furniture or the arrangement of the room as far as possible to facilitate social distancing with mitigation measures such as: seating side by side, with at least one empty chair between each person or household group, rather than face-to-face, face coverings and good ventilation. If tables are being used, you will place them so as to maintain social distancing across the table between people from different household groups who are face-to-face e.g. using a wide U-shape. If chairs are required for sports or children's parties only the plastic outdoor chairs stored in the Chair and Table Store should be used.
You, the hirer, will be responsible for the disposal of all rubbish created during your hire, including tissues and cleaning cloths into the premises bins before you leave the hall. All other rubbish should be taken away with you when you leave the venue.
Our kitchen is to be used by one person at a time. Guests are encouraged to bring their own drinks and food. If food is being served or made on a DIY basis (as distinct to a water bottle used during exercise) it should if possible be consumed while seated.
Our changing rooms will not currently be open, please arrive at the facility in sports kit ready for your activity and travel home to change/shower.
We will have the right to close the venue if there are safety concerns relating to COVID-19, for example, if someone who has attended the hall develops symptoms and thorough cleansing is required or if it is reported that the Special Hiring Conditions above are not being complied with, whether by you or by other hirers, or in the event that public buildings are asked or required to close again. If this is necessary, we will do our best to inform you promptly and you will not be charged for this hire.
In the event of someone becoming unwell with suspected Covid-19 symptoms while at the venue you should remove them to a safe area such as their own vehicle if this is not available the Bar Area in the hall which is set up as an Isolation Area and provide tissues and a bin or plastic bag, and a bowl of warm soapy water for handwashing. The hall Isolation Area has a Covid-19 First Aid Box, Covid-19 Treatment Plan, the current guidance from the Resuscitation Council is here https://www.resus.org.uk/media/statements/resuscitation-council-uk-statements-on-covid-19-coronavirus-cpr-and-resuscitation/covid-community/ Check you have a record of the name and contact telephone number or email of all those who have attended your event as required in SC15 and then leave the premises, observing the usual hand sanitising and social distancing precautions, and advise them to launder their clothes when they arrive home. Inform the Morley Village & Sports Hall Bookings Admin immediately on 01953 433699.
You, the hirer, MUST keep a record of the date and time the activity started and the name and contact telephone number or email of all those who attend your event (or at least one member of any group of up to 6 people who attend together or 2 households who attend together) This can be done by operating an advance booking system which collects these details, or by asking everyone who attends to use the NHS QR poster in the venue foyer to register their attendance and by keeping a record of any who do not register using their smartphone app and the hall’s NHS QR poster or your own NHS QR poster.
You, the hirer, for events with more than 30 people you will take additional steps to ensure the safety of the public in relation to COVID-19 by operating a booking system and providing attendants or stewards who will ask people to seat themselves furthest from the entrance on arrival, to exit closest to the exits first and invite people to use the toilets in the interval row by row.
We ask you, the hirer, to bring your own equipment and not share it with other members of your group with the exception of a gym towel which can spread the virus from surface to surface, so for now, please bring a single-use disposable wipe or use the paper towel provided. Where this is not possible i.e. the Badminton Net, Table Tennis Table, racquets and bats, Tables, Plastic Chairs you, the hirer, must clean the equipment before use and before being stored in the Sports Hall Store or the Table & Chair Store using the products supplied at the nearest Covid-19 Cleaning Station.
You, the hirer, will be responsible for ensuring outdoor events including takeaway food stalls, indoor and outdoor markets comply with https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/restaurants-offering-takeaway-or-delivery and https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/shops-and-branches
You, the hirer, will take particular care to ensure that car parking and queues are adequately marshalled to ensure safe parking, queue management and ensure they do not cause a risk to individuals and social distancing where possible is maintained. All stalls should operate a one-way system, display social distancing and hygiene signage and have hand sanitiser for customer use.
You, the hirer, in order to avoid risk of aerosol or droplet transmission you must take steps to avoid people needing to unduly raise their voices to each other, e.g. refrain from playing music or broadcasts at a volume which makes normal conversation difficult.
Sports, exercise or performing arts activity: you, the hirer, will organise your activity in accordance with guidance issued by the relevant governing body for your sport or activity.
You, the hirer have been provided with a Cleaning Record Sheet, located on the foyer noticeboard on the wall adjacent to the Table & Chair Store, to date and sign after every hire. Regular hirers have their own sheet and one off hires have a shared ‘One Off Hirers’ sheet.
You, the hirer, and all attendees while using our venue are strongly encouraged to wear a face covering on entering the venue and are required to keep it on, unless covered under a ‘reasonable excuse’, such as if attendees are undertaking exercise or an activity where it would negatively impact their ability to do so, if attendees need to eat or drink something, or if they have a health or disability reason to not wear one. Face coverings do not replace social distancing. Even if a face covering is used, staff and users of the space should continue to wash hands regularly and maintain social distancing where possible. If users of the space choose to wear one, it is important to use face coverings properly and thoroughly wash hands before putting them on and taking them off. Face coverings should not be used by children under the age of 11 or those who may find it difficult to manage them correctly – see a list of individuals this might apply to.
These standard conditions apply to all hiring of the Morley Village & Sports Hall. If the Hirer is in any doubt as to the meaning of the following, the Bookings Admin should immediately be consulted.
1. In consideration of the hire fee Morley Village & Sports Hall Management Committee agrees to permit the Hirer to use the premises as described for the purpose described and for the period(s) described. Invoices will be sent upon confirmation of your booking and will be due within 15 days. For event/wedding bookings, a £100 booking deposit will be invoiced for upon confirmation of booking, with the remaining balance invoiced for 30 days before your event.
2. The Hirer agrees with the Morley Village & Sports Hall Management Committee to be present (by its authorised representative, if appropriate) during the hiring and to comply fully with the Booking Form & Conditions of Hire and Conditions of Hire.
3. None of the provisions of this Agreement are intended to or will operate to confer any benefit pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 on a person who is not named as a party to this Agreement.
4. Norfolk Police – Morley Village & Sports Hall Management Committee works with Norfolk Constabulary sharing information on our Bookings in order to prevent crime and disorder, and by placing my booking I acknowledge that I am aware.
5. Supervision – the Hirer shall, during the period of the hiring, be responsible for: supervision of the premises, the fabric and the contents; their care, safety from damage however slight or change of any sort; and the behaviour of all persons using the premises whatever their capacity, including proper supervision of car parking arrangements so as to avoid obstruction of the highway. As directed by the Hall Secretary, the Hirer shall make good or pay for all damage (including accidental damage) to the premises or to the fixtures, fittings or contents and for loss of contents.
6. Use of Premises – the Hirer shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that described in the Booking Form & Conditions of Hire and shall not sub-hire or use the premises or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way nor do anything or bring onto the premises anything which may endanger the same or render invalid any insurance policies in respect thereof nor allow the consumption of alcohol thereon without written permission.
7. Gaming, Betting and Lotteries – the Hirer shall ensure that nothing is done on or in relation to the premises in contravention of the law relating to gaming, betting and lotteries.
8. Licences – these premises has a licence
with the Performing Right Society (PRS) for the performace of copyright music
from Phonographic Performance Licence (PPL)
8.1 Premises Licence (copy displayed in venue foyer) authorising entertainment and the sale of alcohol at the times indicated below. You hereby acknowledge receipt of a copy of the conditions of the Premises Licence and/or Operating Schedule for the premises, in accordance with which the hiring must be undertaken, and agree to apply with all obligations therein. If we believe that a Temporary Event Notice (TEN) would be in our best interests for your hire, we can require you to give notice of a TEN. Hirers should familiarise themselves with the conditions.
Licensable Activities: Monday – Sunday inclusive:
Indoor & Outdoor Plays 10:00-23:00
Indoor Films 10:00-23:00
Indoor Sporting Events 09:00-23:00
Indoor Boxing/Wrestling Entertainment 09:00-23:00
Indoor & Outdoor Live Music 10:00-00:00
Indoor & Outdoor Recorded Music 10:00-00:00
Indoor & Outdoor Performance of Dance 09:00-23:00
Indoor Late Night Refreshment 23:00-01:00
Indoor Supply of Alcohol 10:00-00:00
Opening Hours of the Premises Monday – Sunday inclusive 06:00-00:30
New Year’s Eve 10:00-01:00 New Year’s Day
8.2 Numbers – hirers agree not to exceed the maximum permitted number of people per room including organisers/performers
Sports & Community Hall
Dancing without/with stage 250
Functions with seating at tables without stage 160 with stage 138
Functions with seating at tables & dancing without stage 190 with stage 166
Closely seated audience (moveable seating) without stage 250 with stage 237
9. Public Safety Compliance – the Hirer shall comply with all conditions and regulations made in respect of the premises by the Fire Authority, Local Authority, the Licensing Authority or otherwise, particularly in connection with any event which constitutes regulated entertainment, at which alcohol is sold or provided or which is attended by children.
9.1 The Hirer acknowledges that they have received instruction in the following matters:
• The action to be taken in event of fire. This includes calling the Fire Brigade and evacuating the Hall.
• The location and use of fire equipment. (Include diagram of location when handing over keys.)
• Escape routes and the need to keep them clear.
• Method of operation of escape door fastenings.
• Appreciation of the importance of any fire doors and of closing all fire doors at the time of a fire.
9.2 In advance of an entertainment or play the Hirer shall check the following items:
• That all fire exits are unlocked and panic bolts in good working order.
• That all escape routes are free of obstruction and can be safely used.
• That any fire doors are not wedged open.
• That exit signs are illuminated.
• That there are no obvious fire hazards on the premises.
10. Means of Escape –
10.1 All means of exit from the premises must be kept free from obstruction and immediately available for instant free public exit.
10.2 The emergency lighting supply illuminating all exit signs and routes must be turned on during the whole of the time the premises are occupied (if not operated by an automatic mains failure switching device).
11. Outbreaks of Fire – the Fire Brigade shall be called to any outbreak of fire, however slight, and details thereof shall be given to the Booking Admin of Morley Village & Sports Hall Management Committee.
12. Health and Hygiene – he Hirer shall, if preparing, serving or selling food, observe all relevant food health and hygiene legislation and regulations. In particular, dairy products, vegetables and meat on the premises must be refrigerated and stored in compliance with the Food Temperature Regulations. The premises are provided with a refrigerator and freezer. All persons hiring Morley Village & Sports Hall will have to take away all their own rubbish/waste.
13. Electrical Appliance Safety – the Hirer shall ensure that any electrical appliances brought by them to the premises and used there shall be safe, in good working order, and used in a safe manner in accordance with current legislation. Outdoor hires that plug in to premises electrical suppy are required to use a residual circuit breaker and cable ramps. Where a residual circuit breaker is provided, the Hirer must make use of it in the interests of public safety.
14. Indemnity – the Hirer shall indemnify and keep indemnified each member of the Morley Village & Sports Hall Management Committee and the Morley Village & Sports Hall Management Committee’s employees, volunteers, agents and invitees against (a) the cost of repair of any damage done to any part of the premises including the curtilage thereof or the contents of the premises or our Wi-Fi service (b) all claims, losses, damages and costs in respect of damage or loss of property or injury to persons arising as a result of the use of the premises (including the storage of equipment and your use of our Wi-Fi service) by the Hirer, and (c) all claims, losses, damages and costs suffered or incurred as a result of any nuisance caused to a third party as a result of the use of the premises or your use of our Wi-Fi service by the Hirer. The Hirer shall take out adequate insurance to insure the Hirer and members of the Hirer’s organisation and invitees against the Hirer’s liability under paragraph 10(a) and all claims arising as a result of the hire and on demand shall produce the policy and current receipt or other evidence of cover to the Hall Secretary. Failure to produce such policy and evidence of cover will render the hiring void and enable the Hall Secretary to rehire the premises to another Hirer. The Morley Village & Sports Hall is insured against any claims arising out of its own negligence
15. Accidents and Dangerous Occurrences – the Hirer must report all accidents involving injury to the public to the Booking Clerk as soon as possible and complete the relevant section in the Morley Village & Sports Hall’s accident books, which are located in the Bar Area and the Referees Changing Room. Any failure of equipment belonging to the Morley Village & Sports Hall or brought in by the Hirer must also be reported as soon as possible. Certain types of accident or injury must be reported on a special form to the local authority. The Booking Admin will give assistance in completing this form. This is in accordance with the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR). First-aid boxes and Accident Books are located in the Bar Area and the Referees Changing Room.
16. Explosives and Flammable Substances The Hirer shall ensure that:
Highly flammable substances are not brought into, or used in any part of the premises and that No internal decorations of a combustible nature (e.g. polystyrene, cotton wool) shall be erected without the consent of the Morley Village & Sports Hall Management Committee. No decorations are to be put up near light fittings or heaters.
17. Heating – the Hirer shall ensure that no unauthorised heating appliances shall be used on the premises when open to the public without the consent of the Morley Village & Sports Hall Management Committee. Portable Liquefied Propane Gas (LPG) heating appliances shall not be used.
18. Drunk and Disorderly Behaviour and Supply of Illegal Drugs -the Hirer shall ensure that in order to avoid disturbing neighbours to the Hall and avoid violent or criminal behaviour, care shall be taken to avoid excessive consumption of alcohol. Drunk and disorderly behaviour shall not be permitted either on the premises or in its immediate vicinity. Alcohol shall not be served to any person suspected of being drunk nor to any person suspected of being under the age of 18. Any person suspected of being drunk, under the influence of drugs or who is behaving in a violent or disorderly way shall be asked to leave the premises. No illegal drugs may be brought onto the premises.
19. Animals – the Hirer shall ensure that no animals (including birds) except Guide Dogs, Hearing Dogs and assistance dogs are allowed on the premises, other than for a special event agreed to by the Morley Village & Sports Hall Management Committee.
20. Safeguarding Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults – the Hirer must ensure that only fit and proper persons, in according with the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006 and any subsequent legislation, provide activities for children, young people and vulnerable adults. If requested, the Hirer must provide a copy of their Safeguarding Policy and evidence that they have carried out relevant checks through the Disclosures & Barring Service.
21. Fly Posting – the Hirer shall not carry out or permit fly posting or any other form of unauthorised advertisements for any event taking place at the premises and shall indemnify and keep indemnified each member of the Morley Village & Sports Hall Management Committee accordingly against all actions, claims and proceedings arising from any breach of this condition. Failure to observe this condition may lead to prosecution by the local authority.
22. Sale of Goods – the Hirer shall, if selling goods on the premises, comply with current trading legislation and any code of practice used in connection with such sales. In particular, the Hirer shall ensure that the total prices of all goods and services are prominently displayed, as shall be the organiser’s name and address and that any discounts offered are based only in accordance with current legislation.
23. Cancellation –If the Hirer cancels a booking (including a single booking within a monthly or block booking) the payment of the Hire Fee shall be as follows:
• cancellation within 14 days of the date of booking – 100% of charges owed.
• cancellation between 15 and 30 days of date of booking – 25% of charges owed.
• cancellation with more than 30 days’ notice – no fee charged
• In the event of cancellation due to bad weather, the payment of the Hire Fee shall be at the discretion of the Trustees.
The Morley Village & Sports Hall Management Committee reserves the right to cancel this hiring by written notice with as much notice as reasonably possible to the Hirer in the event of:
• the premises being required for use as a Polling Station for a Parliamentary or Local Government election or byelection
• the premises being required by the Parish Council due to the statutory need to publish their meeting dates with other agencies
• the premises being required for use by the Morley Village & Sports Hall Committee for a fund-raising event or event for the wider interest of the community (any Hirer who has specified commitments, eg booked speakers, sound equipment, published competition dates, etc will not be asked to give up their booking)
• the Morley Village & Sports Hall Management Committee reasonably considering that (i) such hiring will lead to a breach of licensing conditions, if applicable, or other legal or statutory requirements, or (ii) unlawful or unsuitable activities will take place at the premises as a result of this hiring
• the premises becoming unfit for the use intended by the Hirer
• an emergency requiring use of the premises as a shelter for the victims of flooding, snowstorm, fire, explosion or those at risk of these or similar disasters.
In any such case, the Hirer shall be entitled to a refund of any deposit already paid, but the Morley Village & Sports Hall Management Committee shall not be liable to the Hirer for any resulting direct or indirect loss or damages whatsoever.
24. Overstay – the Hirer agrees to:
Leave the venue no later than the end of hire time on their Hire Confirmation email. If the Hirer stays past the agreed upon end of hire time without Morley Village & Sports Hall Management Committee consent (“Overstay“), they no longer have a licence to stay in the venue and Morley Village & Sports Hall Management Committee is entitled to make you leave in a manner consistent with applicable law. In addition, the Hirer agrees to pay, if requested by Morley Village & Sports Hall Management Committee, for each one (1) hour period (or any portion thereof) that you Overstay plus a £20 administration fee and all applicable Hirer Fees, Taxes, and any legal expenses incurred by the Morley Village & Sports Hall Management Committee to make you leave (collectively, “Overstay Fees“). Overstay Fees for late departure that do not impact upcoming bookings may be limited to the additional costs incurred by the Morley Village & Sports Hall Management Committee as a result of such Overstay. If you Overstay at Morley Village & Sports Hall, you authorise Morley Village & Sports Hall Management Committee to charge you to collect Overstay Fees. A Deposit, if required by Morley Village & Sports Hall Management Committee, may be applied to any Overstay Fees due for a Hirer’s Overstay.
25. End of Hire – the Hirer shall be responsible for:
• Leave the premises and surrounding area in a clean and tidy condition, vacate on time, turn of all heating and lighting, all doors and windows locked including thumb turn doors and the main entrance gate.
• Any chairs, tables, staging, sports equipment used to be put back in original position as per the instructions provided by the Booking Admin before your hire, otherwise the Morley Village & Sports Hall Management Committee shall be at liberty to make an additional charge.
• All rubbish must be disposed of and taken away off site, including rubbish deposited in any outside bins and rubbish/nappies in the WCs. Do not leave bags on the ground.
• Floors to be swept after your event. Do not wet mop. Any spillages / marks to be wiped with a damp cloth.
• When used, the kitchen and bar area including the cooker, fridges and freezers are to be cleaned. All kitchen items used should be washed up, dried and put away. Washing up liquid, surface spray and disposable towels are provided please bring your own tea towels, oven gloves and bin bags.
• All WC's are flushed and left in a clean and tidy condition.
• The Sports Hall heating will automatically switch off, but the Hastings Room overhead heaters, the kitchen hot water heater for washing up and plinth heaters will need to be switched off.
26. Noise – the Hirer shall ensure that the minimum of noise is made on arrival and departure, particularly late at night and early in the morning: there shall be no shouting, sounding of car horns or slamming car doors. The Hire will ensure windows and doors to the Hall are kept closed after 8 pm whilst playing live or recorded music. The Hirer shall, if using sound amplification equipment, make use of any noise limitation device provided at the premises and comply with any other licensing condition for the premises. Any Hirer holding events involving the playing of live and/or recorded music after 8:00pm will be required to advise residents.
27. Stored Equipment – the Morley Village & Sports Hall Management Committee accepts no responsibility for any stored equipment or other property brought on to or left at the premises, and all liability for loss or damage is hereby excluded. All equipment and other property (other than stored equipment) must be removed at the end of each hiring or fees will be charged for each day or part of a day at the hire fee per hiring until the same is removed. The Morley Village & Sports Hall Management Committee may, in its discretion in any of the following circumstances, namely:
• in respect of stored equipment, failure by the Hirer either to pay any storage charges due and payable or to remove the same within 7 days after the agreed storage period has ended
• in respect of any other property brought on to the premises for the purposes of the hiring, failure by the Hirer to remove the same within 7 days after the hiring dispose of any such items by sale or otherwise on such terms and conditions as it thinks fit and charge the Hirer any costs incurred in storing and selling or otherwise disposing of the same.
28. No Alterations – no alterations or additions may be made to the premises nor may any fixtures be installed, no sellotape, blue tack or similar applied to the walls, no placards, decorations or other articles be attached in any way to any part of the premises without the prior written approval of the Morley Village & Sports Hall Management Committee. Any alteration, fixture or fitting or attachment so approved shall at the discretion of the Morley Village & Sports Hall Management Committee remain in the premises at the end of the hiring. It will become the property of the Morley Village & Sports Hall Management Committee unless removed by the Hirer who must make good to the satisfaction of the Hall or, if any damage caused to the premises by such removal.
29. No Rights – the Booking Form & Conditions of Hire constitutes permission only to use the premises and confers no tenancy or other right of occupation on the Hirer.
30. Smoking – the Hirer shall, and shall ensure that the Hirer’s invitees, comply with the prohibition of smoking in public places provisions of the Health Act 2006 and regulations made thereunder. For the duration of the hire period the Hirer assumes all liabilities in respect of breaches by those under their care and control. Any person who breaches this provision shall be asked to leave the premises.
31. Wi Fi – when using the Wi-Fi service, you agreed to be bound by the following provisions: not to use the Wi-Fi service for any of the following purposes:
31.1 Disseminating any unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable materials or otherwise breaching any laws;
31.2 Transmitting material that constitutes a criminal offence or encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offence, results in civil liability or otherwise breaches any applicable laws, regulations or code of practice
31.3 Interfering with any other persons use or enjoyment of the Wi-Fi service,
31.4 Making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of material protected by copyright without permission of the owner
31.5 You must keep any username, password or any other information that forms part of the Wi-Fi service security procedure confidential and not disclose it to any third party.
31.6 Although we aim to offer the best Wi-Fi service possible, we make no promise that our Wi-Fi service will meet your requirements. We cannot guarantee that our Wi-Fi service will be fault-free or accessible at all times. It is your responsibility to ensure that any Wi-Fi enabled device used by you is compatible with our Wi-Fi service and is switched on. The availability and performance of our Wi-Fi service is subject to all memory, storage and any other limitations of your device. Our Wi-Fi service is only available to your device when it is within the operating range of the Morley Village & Sports Hall. We are not responsible for data, messages or pages that you may lose or that become misdirected because of the interruptions or performance issues with our Wi-Fi service or wireless communications networks generally. We may impose usage or service limits, suspend services or block certain kinds of usage in our sole discretion to protect other users of our Wi-Fi service. Network speed is no indication of the speed at which your Wi-Fi enabled device or our Wi-Fi service sends or received data. Network speed is no indication of the speed at which your Wi-Fi enabled device or out Wi-Fi service sends or receives data. Actual network speed will vary based on configuration, compression and network congestion.
31.7 We have the right to suspend or terminate our Wi-Fi service immediately if there is any breach of any of the provisions of these conditions or:
• If you use any equipment that is defective or illegal
• If you cause any technical or other problems to our Wi-Fi service
• If, in our opinion, you are involved in fraudulent or unauthorised use of our Wi-Fi service
• If you resell access to our Wi-Fi service
32. Bouncy Castles – the use of bouncy castles and inflatables on the premises is not permitted as they are expressly excluded from our insurance policy as a hazardous activity. Even though reputable providers will be fully insured, this usually covers their liability and not the hirer of the equipment. Because of the risk of serious injury and the size of potential claims which could arise as the result of alleged negligence or a lack of supervision on behalf of the hirer, the only circumstances under which we can allow their use is when a hirer has their own public liability insurance which specifically covers this risk and a copy of the certificate has been provided to the Morley Village & Sports Hall Management Committee. Also note that use of a bouncy castle or inflatable outside the premises is not permitted as part of the hire as the Recreation Ground is owned by Morley Parish Council.
DATA PROTECTION – FAIR PROCESSING NOTICE of MORLEY VILLAGE & SPORTS HALL as at 1 May 2021
Purpose – this Fair Processing Notice (or Privacy Notice) is issued in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018. It covers all data processing activity undertaken within Morley Village & Sports Hall.
The Data Controller for Morley Village & Sports Hall is the Morley Village & Sports Hall Committee. Telephone 01953 433699
Morley Village & Sports Hall Committee has not formally appointed a Data Protection Officer. These duties will be undertaken by the Data Controller.
Why are we processing your data?
For the purposes of managing the Morley Village & Sports Hall for the use of the people of the village and its surrounding area.
What data will we process?
The data we will process will include: name, addresses, contact numbers, email addresses, and, where necessary, bank details
Who will have access to this data?
Morley Village & Sports Hall Committee and Morley Parish Council who are the Custodian Trustees of Morley Village & Sports Hall Committee.
Who else will have access to the data we process?
Only authorised regulated authorities, such as the Charity Commission.
Where will the data be held?
Your data will be processed and stored in the following manner:
• By the Morley Village & Sports Hall Committee on their own home computers.
• In physical (paper) records held by the Morley Village & Sports Hall Committee
How long do we retain the data for?
We will retain your data for as long as the Data Subject remains involved with Morley Village & Sports Hall. When the Data Subject no longer has any involvement we will delete it. Please note that any Accounts records must be held for 6 years from the end of the last financial year – this will include, but is not limited to, booking forms, etc.
What is our Legal Basis for processing your data?
We must have a legal basis to process your personal data. Our legal basis is under Article 6 (1) (a): the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes. We consider your consent to be given when you complete and return any documentation we send to you. This can include booking forms, email/text confirmation of hire, and will also include verbal discussions/consent.
Should you have any questions relating to your data protection rights, please contact the Data Controller.
Fire Safety Checklist for Hirers
Before admission of the public
1.All exit doors are unlocked, any fastenings removed, and the push-bar mechanism tested and in good working order.
2.Any door on an escape route not opening in the direction of travel and any sliding door, are locked in the open position.
3.Escape routes are free from obstruction and available for use.
4.Any fire doors are closed and not wedged or propped open.
5.Fire fighting equipment is in place and unobstructed.
6.Guards are fixed in front of open fires.
7.Any freestanding stoves or heaters are fixed in position.
8.There is no combustible storage in areas open to the public.
9.Manual fire alarm is operable or power is on to electrical alarm.
10.Exit signs are illuminated.
11.There is no obvious fire hazard in, or near, the building.
End of hire
12.Search for smouldering fires or cigarettes left burning.
13.Check that heaters and cookers are turned off.
14.Check that all electrical appliances are turned off and unplugged.
15.Turn out all lights.
16.Close all internal doors.
17.Secure all outside doors and windows.
FIRE SAFETY INFORMATION
Hirers are asked to read the below information carefully and inform any persons attending their event as appropriate
ACTION IN THE EVENT OF A FIRE
The signal for a fire in Morley Village & Sports Hall is a high pitched continuous tone
A 24 volt sounder located adjacent to the control panel. A 24 volt sounder located in the 1st floor corridor.
A manual call point located adjacent to the committee/meeting room exit door.
A manual call point located in the entrance lobby.
A manual call point located in the kitchen.
A manual call point located in the corridor.
3 x Manual call points, 1 located adjacent to each of the 3 main hall exit doors.
THE ASSEMBLY POINT IS ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE OF THE CAR PARK ADJACENT TO THE FRONT HEDGE AT THE FRONT OF THE BUILDING
FIRE EXTINGUISHERS INVENTORY IS AT THE END OF THIS DOCUMENT.
A plan of MORLEY VILLAGE & SPORTS HALL showing the fire alarm ZONES, FIRE ALARM CALL points, fire exits, gas safety switch, fire extinguishers, FIRE BLANKET & FIRE ASSEMBLY POINT is AT THE END OF THIS DOCUMENT.
1. If you discover a fire:
Raise the alarm by breaking the glass of the nearest fire alarm and dial 999.
Close all doors and windows if it is safe to do so.
Attack the fire with an extinguisher, but do so without personal risk.
Proceed to the Assembly Point.
2. If the alarm is sounded:
The event organiser should call the emergency services and alert the Booking Administrator by ringing 01953 433699.
Evacuate the building and proceed to the Assembly Point, via the nearest accessible fire exit.
Doors and windows should be closed if it is safe to do so.
A responsible person should meet the Fire Service at the entrance and brief them on the situation.
No person must leave the Assembly Point to recover any personal belongings until they have been told it is safe to re-enter the building.
The contents of a fire extinguisher can be distinguished by the coloured label and should be used as appropriate for what is alight.
FOAM to be used on oils, fats, flammable liquids, spirits etc
WATER to be used on wood, paper and textiles
CARBON DIOXIDE to be used on or near live electrical points or electric fires
DRY POWDER: to be used on all types of fire
FIRE RISK ASSESSMENT
Part 1 – General Statement of Policy
This document is the Fire Risk Assessment of MORLEY VILLAGE & SPORTS HALL.
ASSESSMENT OF FIRE RISKS
1. Identification of Fire Hazards at MORLEY VILLAGE & SPORTS HALL
For a fire to start, three things are needed: a source of ignition, fuel and oxygen
If any one of these is missing, a fire cannot start, Taking measures to avoid the three coming together will therefore reduce the chances of a fire occurring.
How could a fire start?
Faulty/misused electrical equipment, naked flames, cigarettes & matches, display materials, luminaries & lighting equipment, central heating boilers, faulty air conditioning units, arson, hot surfaces & obstruction of equipment ventilation, hot processes (e.g. welding).
Procedure to eliminate the start of a Fire
No smoking is allowed within the building.
Annual PAT testing on all electrical wiring/equipment and electrical inspections.
Reduce amount of flammable materials, liquids and gases in public areas to a minimum. Do not keep flammable solids, liquids and gases together.
Ensure that large deliveries of stock are stored away quickly and are not left in public areas. Ensure waste does not build up and is carefully stored until can be properly disposed of. Ensure that quantity of all materials introduced by hirers is kept to a minimum.
Take action to protect any parts of the premises vulnerable to arson or vandalism.
2. People at Risk
Everyone is at risk if there is a fire. People especially at risk are children/parents with babies, the elderly/infirm, disabled people, employees working alone/in isolated areas and people who are unfamiliar with the premises.
3. Evaluate, Remove, Reduce and Protect from Risk
Highly flammable materials replaced with less flammable ones and separated from sources of ignition.
Ensure sources of heat are kept away from flammable materials.
Ensure electrical, mechanical and gas equipment is installed, used, maintained and protected in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
Ensure cooking and catering equipment is installed, used, maintained and protected in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
Ensure that flares and fireworks are not brought into the premises by members of the public. Check all areas where hot work has been carried out to ensure that no ignition has taken place or any smouldering materials remain.
Control or prevent introduction of portable electrical or gas heating/cooking equipment by employees, service or repair engineers, hot food vendors or hirers.
Ensure that no one carrying out work on gas fittings which involves exposing pipes that have or do contain flammable gas uses any source of ignition such as blow-lamps or hot-air guns. Ensure that no one uses any source of ignition while searching for an escape of gas.
Take precautions to avoid arson or vandalism.
No smoking is allowed within the building but a safe smoking area has been designated, with ashtrays provided and regularly cleaned.
Restrict and control the use of naked flames.
All fire equipment is regularly checked.
Ensure Fire Exits are left clear at all times.
4. Record, Plan, Instruct, Inform and Train
All records are kept and updated weekly by the Cleaner/Caretaker.
A Fire and Safety Services Folder and Fire Log Book are kept on site in the Plant Room.
A fire alarm zone plan is displayed by the fire alarm panel in the foyer.
A “Premise Information Folder is provided for use by Firefighters in the main entrance foyer it includes: plans of premises, fire and safety systems, utilities and environmental systems and emergency contact details.
A plan of MORLEY VILLAGE & SPORTS HALL showing the fire alarm zones, fire alarm call points, fire exits, gas safety switch, fire extinguishers, fire blanket and fire assembly point is displayed in the foyer.
A routine test of the Fire Alarm System is carried out weekly by the Cleaner/Caretaker.
Hirers are informed of the procedure in the event of a fire, and in signing their booking form confirm they have read/understood the fire procedure.
Fire drills are carried out periodically.
A review is carried out annually.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.